Millions of punters worldwide wager on English Premier League games. Most of them support top clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Manchester City, Leicester City, and Liverpool. Punters can get team news and line-ups at Betway. But, many beginners who don’t understand the league lose many bets. Here are four Premier League betting tips that will help you make a profit.
1. Create a Betting Account
Hundreds of bookmakers allow soccer fans to wager on Chelsea FC. Each betting firm offers different odds for various sport events. It is wise to read the terms and conditions on the bookie’s website to understand its gambling policies. Also, select a bookmaker that has an attractive and easy to understand user interface. Most betting firms restrict gambling to sports enthusiasts who are above 17 years.
Some ardent Chelsea fans believe that since they have supported the club for several years, they understand the basics of Premier League betting. Gambling is different from watching sports. Besides, EPL is one of the most complicated soccer leagues to bet on globally. Thus, it is important to visit Betway.co.zm to research and analyze previous team results, team schedule and lineup to determine a team’s winning probability.
3. Understand English Premier League Odds
Sportsbooks offer a variety of Premier League odds such as:
- Handicap Odds: Most betting firms give each EPL club a points handicap. For example, in next month’s Premier League game against Leicester City and Chelsea, Leicester might have +5 points and Chelsea +25 points since it is the underdog.
- Relegation odds: Each season, the last two clubs in the league get relegated to the English Football League Championship (EFL). Top teams have high relegation odds while those at the bottom have the least odds.
- Top four odds: Soccer fans can predict which EPL clubs will finish in the top four positions. Many people are optimistic that Chelsea will maintain its current position in the second half of the tournament.
- Title odds: Each club has different title odds. For instance, Chelsea has more odds than Manchester City since it is 27 points behind Liverpool.
4. Types of Premier League Bets
Reputable bookies offer a variety of betting markets. They include:
- Anytime goalscorer: It involves predicting which player will score in a game. For example, punters can wager on N’Golo Kante as an anytime goalscorer in its next match against Leicester.
- Full-time result: Wager on how the game will end. The betting market has three options, home win, draw and away win.
- Both teams to score (BTTS): You can wager on both teams to score a goal or more each or none of them to score.
- Goal totals: Typically, betting firms allow punters to predict whether the total goals in a game will be over/under 1.5, over/under 2.5 or over/under 3.5. If you place a goal under 2.5 bet and the teams score three or more goals in total, you will lose your bet.
Chelsea is a Premier League club that is based in Fulham. It has won seven FA Cups, four FA Community Shields, and five Premier League titles in the past. The Blues are fourth in the Premier League table with 40 points. The England club is determined to finish among the top three teams. English Premier League fans can place different bets on Chelsea at Betway.