Bayern Munich’s bid for Callum Hudson-Odoi has been rejected for the fourth time. The Bundesliga champions have been eyeing the Chelsea winger and are believed to have made a revised offer of £22.5 million for the youngster.
A panel of three pundits reckons Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri must give more opportunities to winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.
Former Chelsea midfielder Jeremie Boga believes Callum Hudson-Odoi will be a big success in the future whether that be at Stamford Bridge or somewhere else.
Former Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack reckons Callum Hudson-Odoi should ignore interest from Bayern Munich and stay at Stamford Bridge.
Former Chelsea manager Ruud Gullit insists Callum Hudson-Odoi must continue to seek an exit from Chelsea for the benefit of his career.
Guillem Balague believes Callum Hudson-Odoi will refrain from signing a new Chelsea contract in order to force a move to Bayern Munich.
Callum Hudson-Odoi is Chelsea’s shining gem – one they’re not willing to let go of at any price.
Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley has encouraged his young team-mate Callum Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea. The 18-year-old Hudson-Odoi is rumoured to be a top target of Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
Maurizio Sarri has hit out at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich over their very public pursuit of Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, calling the club’s conduct unprofessional.
The highly-rated youngster has been the subject of interest from the Bavarians this January. Reports have stated three bids had already been rejected by the west London club, while a fourth, believed to be £35 million, is still being evaluated by the Blues.
Chelsea have so far failed to persuade the 18-year-old to sign a fresh five-year deal first offered last summer owing to a lack of first-team opportunities for the England youth international. With Hudson-Odoi understood to be determined to leave Stamford Bridge, a decision will likely be taken by the club board after Saturday’s match against Newcastle.
Bayern’s public pursuit of Hudson-Odoi angers Chelsea
In an interview with a German newspaper, Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic declared the club’s massive intent on signing Hudson-Odoi. Salihamidzic stated the winger is someone they “really want to sign”. The public declaration of interest by Salihamidzic now has angered Chelsea. Head coach Sarri said the German champions acted without respect in their public pursuit of the London native.
“I think it’s not professional, because they are talking about a player under contract at Chelsea, so they didn’t respect our club, I think,” said the Chelsea boss to reporters.
“Then I don’t know what more to say, I don’t know the situation [with any potential transfer]. I am very happy with the player, because he’s improving a lot, I think, in the defensive phase.
“Now he must improve in movements without the ball, but he’s working very well at the moment. I’m very happy with the player and I’d like to have him in the future.”
Sarri again expresses disdain of transfer market
Sarri then went on to express his disinterest regarding the transfer market yet again. “It’s crazy to have a market of 30 days in this moment of the season, because we play every three days, so we need rest,” added Sarri.
“It’s crazy. I think the January market window would be better for one week or 10 days, no more.”
Maurizio Sarri thinks Callum Hudson-Odoi should reject the advances of Bayern Munich because staying at Chelsea would be better for him.
Speculation linking Robert Lewandowski to Chelsea has intensified this week, with reports suggesting the Poland international could be heading to Stamford Bridge in the summer.
Despite signing Alvaro Morata in the summer for a club record £60 million, Chelsea have been lacking teeth going forward this season on far too many occasions. Olivier Giroud was signed in January to hopefully go some way towards limiting that problem but it is being reported that the Blues are looking to bring Robert Lewandowski to Stamford Bridge at the end of the transfer window.
Chelsea are closing in on a deal to bring Chilean superstar Arturo Vidal at the end of the season, according to reports.
Antonio Conte is on a mission to reunite with Chilean superstar Arturo Vidal, and could offer the midfielder up to €15 million per season to make the jump to Chelsea from Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich next summer.