Didier Drogba has praised the massive contribution of Petr Cech during Chelsea’s Champions League triumph in 2012 following the goalkeeper’s announcement he would be retiring at the end of the current campaign.
Paul Merson has suggested that Gonzalo Higuain might fail to hit the mark with Chelsea in the Premier League.
Willian has thanked the large Brazilian contingent at Chelsea in having helped him settle quickly at the club when he arrived from Shakhtar Donetsk in August 2013.
Ian Holloway reckons that Gonzalo Higuain would go on to have a massive impact at Chelsea once his loan move from Juventus goes through.
Erin Cuthbert plans on keeping her goalscoring boots on following her brace in Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Arsenal at the weekend.
Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has denied that he was the one who was behind Chelsea’s decision to sell Mohamed Salah.
Maurizio Sarri has emphasised the need for Chelsea to sign an alternative to Jorginho following the departure of Cesc Fabregas to Monaco.
Former Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole has recently taken up a coaching role in the club’s academy.
Belgian football expert Kristof Terreur believes Eden Hazard is “waiting” for Real Madrid to make a move to sign him.
Chelsea legend Petr Cech has confirmed that this season will be his last as a professional footballer.
Kia Joorabchian, the agent of David Luiz, has revealed that the Brazilian central defender is currently in the negotiating table with Chelsea over a new contract.
Former Chelsea and Leicester City defender Robert Huth has confirmed his retirement from professional football. After being released by the Foxes at the end of last season, the 34-year-old Huth became a free agent. He was linked with a move to Derby County this month, where he would have played under former Blues team-mate Frank Lampard, but the latest news puts paid to that happening.
Chelsea midfielder Ross Barkley has encouraged his young team-mate Callum Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea. The 18-year-old Hudson-Odoi is rumoured to be a top target of Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
Bournemouth will not be letting star striker Callum Wilson leave the club no matter how much money is thrown at them in the way of transfer fees.
Maurizio Sarri believes it is impossible for Willian to leave Chelsea in January amid reports of the Blues winger being the subject of a cash-plus-player bid from Barcelona.
Maurizio Sarri has hit out at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich over their very public pursuit of Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, calling the club’s conduct unprofessional.
The highly-rated youngster has been the subject of interest from the Bavarians this January. Reports have stated three bids had already been rejected by the west London club, while a fourth, believed to be £35 million, is still being evaluated by the Blues.
Chelsea have so far failed to persuade the 18-year-old to sign a fresh five-year deal first offered last summer owing to a lack of first-team opportunities for the England youth international. With Hudson-Odoi understood to be determined to leave Stamford Bridge, a decision will likely be taken by the club board after Saturday’s match against Newcastle.
Bayern’s public pursuit of Hudson-Odoi angers Chelsea
In an interview with a German newspaper, Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic declared the club’s massive intent on signing Hudson-Odoi. Salihamidzic stated the winger is someone they “really want to sign”. The public declaration of interest by Salihamidzic now has angered Chelsea. Head coach Sarri said the German champions acted without respect in their public pursuit of the London native.
“I think it’s not professional, because they are talking about a player under contract at Chelsea, so they didn’t respect our club, I think,” said the Chelsea boss to reporters.
“Then I don’t know what more to say, I don’t know the situation [with any potential transfer]. I am very happy with the player, because he’s improving a lot, I think, in the defensive phase.
“Now he must improve in movements without the ball, but he’s working very well at the moment. I’m very happy with the player and I’d like to have him in the future.”
Sarri again expresses disdain of transfer market
Sarri then went on to express his disinterest regarding the transfer market yet again. “It’s crazy to have a market of 30 days in this moment of the season, because we play every three days, so we need rest,” added Sarri.
“It’s crazy. I think the January market window would be better for one week or 10 days, no more.”
Monaco have completed the signing of Cesc Fabregas from Chelsea, as announced by the Ligue 1 club.
Former Chelsea forward Tony Cascarino has warned the Blues that attacker Callum Hudson-Odoi could develop into the next Jadon Sancho if they allow him to leave this month.
Maurizio Sarri thinks Callum Hudson-Odoi should reject the advances of Bayern Munich because staying at Chelsea would be better for him.
New Chelsea signing Christian Pulisic has admitted he is yet to speak to head coach Maurizio Sarri after securing his high-profile move from Borussia Dortmund.
Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek was left in tears after suffering an injury during his side’s 2-0 FA Cup over Nottingham Forest at the weekend.
Chelsea star N’Golo Kante has revealed that he has no issues playing in his new advanced midfield role under Maurizio Sarri and added that he has, in fact, been deployed in the position before.
Cesar Azpilicueta reckons that the signing of Christian Pulisic serves as a stern warning to the Chelsea squad that the club can easily remove them if they don’t perform.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has admitted that he was caught unaware by the Blues’ signing of Christian Pulisic. Pulisic joined the Blues on Tuesday from Borussia Dortmund and was immediately loaned back to the Bundesliga club for the rest of the season.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek has urged Chelsea to play like Barcelona when lining up against defensive sides who sit deep in the Premier League.