Chelsea will be looking to make a number of changes this summer as they will want to forget about the abysmal season they have had. At least one member of the squad could be prepared to leave and has been throwing shade on social media.
Antonio Conte is not expected to see the summer through as Chelsea boss following the end to their devastating season and the media have been speculating in their droves about who could be the potential successor to try to rectify the problems they have had.
Chelsea’s dreadful campaign came to an end at St. James’ Park on Sunday afternoon when they were beaten 3-0 by Newcastle United and former boss Rafa Benitez. The Blues will have been hoping the Spaniard could have done them a favour, although the defeat did not ultimately matter, as Liverpool coasted to a 4-0 home win against Brighton and Hove Albion.
With Chelsea considering their options about several members of personnel following their disastrous campaign, one Blue has revealed that he is happy at the club and would like to see out at least the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge.
Roman Abramovich does not appear to mind that Chelsea could be facing a summer of chaos with the future of so many at the club unresolved, as he has told officials to continue working on transfer targets.
Chelsea look set to make a number of changes in the summer after a disappointing season and Antonio Conte is one of those that is widely thought to be heading out of Stamford Bridge.
In one of football’s worst kept secrets, Antonio Conte is believed to be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season. However, it has been revealed that the pay-off he would be owed is making the situation all that more difficult.
The end of the season is fast approaching and change is expected at Chelsea during the summer. However, the Blues are heading into the period severely unprepared.
Chelsea have been linked with another manager over the past weekend and it is a name that would surprise most, with reports stating that Brendan Rodgers is the latest man to be considered.
Eden Hazard has admitted this season has not been good for Chelsea, but he has told of how the club’s focus will be on winning the Premier League next year.
Chelsea have confirmed that they will take place in the International Champions Cup next summer for the fifth straight season, with the tournament deciding to get bigger by moving to a global audience.
Chelsea will most likely be playing their European football in the Europa League next season, after a poor Premier League campaign has seen them take a hard fall from grace. Things have not worked out well for Antonio Conte’s side in their defence of the title, which has also seen them fall out of the top four.
Chelsea are set to say goodbye to one of their longest serving players in the summer, with Matej Delac set to seal a permanent switch away from Stamford Bridge after spending eight years at the club.
Chelsea will be looking at finishing their disappointing campaign on a high at the end of the season by hoping to convince Eden Hazard to sign a new bumper deal to fend off interest from Real Madrid.
Antonio Conte has stated that Alvaro Morata is ‘100 percent’ fit and ready to work hard for the remainder of the campaign, ahead of the Blues’ crucial Premier League showdown with Tottenham.
The international break is finally over for another couple of months and the Chelsea players will be returning to Cobham with Tottenham Hotspur taking their focus on Sunday, a side that have not been able to beat the Blues at Stamford Bridge in 28 years.
Many at Chelsea have not been happy with how the season has gone so far: although the club is still competing for the FA Cup, they face an uphill challenge of trying to secure the fourth spot in the Premier League and the opportunity to play Champions League football.
The departure of John Terry has allowed Andreas Christensen the chance to get first-team football at Chelsea, however, it appears the former Blue is still on hand for the 21-year-old’s concerns with his form.
Chelsea will be looking for recruits at the end of the season as they will need to rebuild on what has been a disastrous campaign, and the Blues would do worse than to turn their attention to Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld.
While Chelsea have had a tumultuous season, the club will be buoyed by the news that star player N’Golo Kante has publicly committed to staying at Stamford Bridge for the foreseeable future.
With the international break halfway through this weekend as the Premier League pauses, a number of Chelsea players are keeping fit by representing their countries ahead of, for many, this summer’s World Cup tournament which takes place in Russia.
Chelsea returned to Barcelona for the first time last week since their heroics in the 2012 Champions League semifinals. Fernando Torres was the hero for the Blues on that night, having come off the bench – what wouldn’t the Londoners have given for another individual to step up in their loss to the Blaugrana this term?
Chelsea favourite Ramires has told of his desire to come back to Stamford Bridge and play for the club again before he retires, which would have caused plenty of excitement around the Blues’ faithful.
Antonio Conte will no doubt be feeling the pressure at Chelsea after a more than miserable campaign this season, with the Blues looking unlikely to even qualify for the Champions League tournament next year at this present moment.
David Luiz’s season is starting to begin to look even more miserable, with the news coming out that the Brazilian defender is set to spend even more time on the injury table. It is believed he will be heading to Barcelona to see a knee specialist in a bid to save his chances of playing again during this campaign, according to reports.